Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Sincerest Form Of Flattery (I Hope)

Imitation, it's said, is the sincerest form of flattery.

But, sometimes, it's just a copy cat that's interested in latching themselves to you (or emulating you) in some fashion.

Those aware of "Sweet Dreams: A Sandman's Story" by means of promotion or other means, would be aware of the Starlight Guard. In fact "StarlightGuard" is my handle at Mania, even though most have shortened it to just "Starlight."

I can handle that.

But now, it seems, I'm being imitated...

I'm not the first, as Hanso has had a few pick up on his persona by claiming to be the "son of hanso," and so on....

Well, now someone has turned their attention on me (again) and has formed their ID as DayLightMoon. They even have an image of the full moon lit up in their avatar.

Well, that's fine...I guess.

(This is where the fine print would be written.)

But I also just like to state that, you know, I don't know the person.

If they're copying me, or inspired by nomenclature, I've no idea.

Also, as it bears repeating, even though I am a "Twilight" fan, "Sweet Dreams" was written (and completed) in 2007, a good year before I actually knew of the novel. The fictional town "Twilight Place" is a sideways reference to the song "Twilight Time" by The Platters, as 50's doo wop and related musical styles are the prevalent themes and sources of inspiration for "Sweet Dreams."

Besides, I just like the word 'twilight' for some reason.

Also, incidentally, it's also at these particular times of day when the Sandmen (and the Starlight Guard) appear and disappear, depending on morning or evening hours.