Sunday, April 26, 2009

Anonymous Readers (and) Too Much Connectivity?

You have to love anonymous viewers and readers.

Apparently, in the short time I've had this little blog, the profile has been viewed like 300 times. Just when you think "no one's paying attention," you click on the profile you wrote like weeks ago for the first time and see it's quite a healthy number for such a short time.

Maelstrom is used to this over at Mania. He's at...well, I think it's over 19,000 views and it took three years to reach that.

Hanso is over 14,000 I believe, and it may have taken two or three years.

And then I had like 10,000 in something like eight or nine months.

Frankly I have no idea why - I just log in, check my profile page, and was stunned at the number. I normally don't pay attention to such things, which is why I'm surprised when I do look.

Maelstrom pointed out that readers often don't like to provide their comments or views, that they're just happy to see what's going on and leave it at that. I know it bugged the hell out of NotAFan on Mania, which is why he stopped blogging.

In other Mania news, our dear news editor Jarrod seemed awfully glad I'd returned to the usual blogging style I have over there, and we're both hoping Maelstrom himself will return soon.

I also recently joined Facebook, which will also allow me to keep up with friends I haven't seen since high school, and now I even have Jarrod on there as well.

He's a nice guy, go say hi if you come across him.

Jarrod's also another lost soul on Twitter, which makes me wonder "do we have too much connectivity?" I already had three blogs to keep up with before I joined Facebook, now I have a fourth outlet, and there's always the potential to join Twitter.

I'm not really sure I want to, but if it becomes useful in my little networking scheme of global domination then I may sign up...but not now.

The promotions continue...slowly but surely.

We'll get to Hollywood eventually...but until then, Futurama's on to keep me busy.