Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ten Years And Counting (and) Curing "Summertime Blues"

You know, I looked up the other day and realized ten years had gone by since the first time I uttered those immortal words: "I want to be a screenwriter."

I find the Ten Years Anniversary keeps popping up. Cosmic coincidence? Who knows.

Other ten years coming to fruition: a decade since a friend and I went to see "Phantom Menace," since I met yet another friend, a third friend is temporarily closing the book on our friendship as she needs to "get away" (which I completely understand), and it's also been a decade since I first purchased "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" and my Nintendo 64.

Oddly enough, I beat LOZ:OT this past weekend.

Now that's how you celebrate a ten year anniversary: by succeeding in something you've never really mastered in these last nine years.

(NOTE: I had to put my gaming fun aside for a few years, plus that damned Water Temple kept kicking my ass. Only last year was it when I started making progress in it again. Now I need myself a copy of "Majora's Mask," and a Wii and "Twilight Princess.")

As for "Summertime Blues," well Eddie Cochran stated you can't necessarily cure the blues themselves, but I'm making my final adjustments to the script which I started, oddly enough, nine years ago. The original draft was written in 2000 and, hopefully, it'll debut next year in order to celebrate it's tenth year anniversary.

I'm now on Facebook, yet I'm not too certain of why - I've already got too many ways of being connected as it is.