Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Staying Ahead, Yet Falling Behind In Hollywood

I'm a masochist. That must be it.

So in previous blogs I've stated what my "Life and Times of Igor" project has been about, the difficulties it's faced, and so on.

I even posted an entry with a link to the article at Mania which shot me down again.

But now I typed in "I, Frankenstein" into Google and saw my envisioned world crash down again.

The page was filled with news items on their movie, their upcoming comic book, and with absolutely no way for me to get a script in edgewise.

So the CGI animated "Igor" movie bombs, now this.

But what really stings is this quote:

"I don't know of any other projects past or present that gives you the chance, in a single movie, to re-invent the 'MOST CULT CREATURES OF ALL TIME'. All of this in a very unique, dark and stylistic world. I would never pass on such an opportunity," says Tatopoulos.

Well, I do - the very same project I've had since 2005.

Oh well.

The saying is true -- it doesn't matter what you know, it's who you know.

And there are countless people out there that know of my story (at Mania), yet the rest of the world won't.

Oh well, again.

That's life in this business.

--UPDATED!!!--

Last night I concocted an evil scheme to stay ahead, even if I can't get "Life and Times of Igor" out there.

I'm officially no longer promoting the actual project...but I have POSTED it (or what would've been the comic book script, which also would've become the first hour in the three part mini-series of the same name.

So here's it is fans and fiends:

http://thelifeandtimesofigor.blogspot.com/

Follow the labels off to the side, as they denote Parts 1 through 5.

I'll work on figuring out how to arrange them in the reverse order eventually...I hope.